Paleo Brussels Sprouts and Chicken Sausage Recipe
This dish is extremely flavorful and a cinch to make!
1. In a deep large sauté pan or large cast iron skillet, cook two pieces of bacon until crispy
2. Take bacon out of the pan and blot excess grease off the bacon
3. Set aside
Any chicken sausage would work, but I love the products from Niman Ranch.
4. In the bacon grease, brown sausage on med high heat. Flip to brown both sides.
5. While browning the sausage trim and wash 1 lb. of brussels sprouts.
6. Cut brussels sprouts in half.
7. Drain bacon grease from pan
8. Add brussels sprouts to same saute pan, a pinch of salt and reduce to medium heat.
10. Stir and scrape pan to get brown bits off bottom of pan
11. Cook until tender
12. Chop sausage into desired size pieces and stir into pan with brussells sprouts.